Shotgun Certificate Applications

Getting a Shotgun Certificate is a very straightforward procedure, as long as you do not have a criminal record.

Minor offences, such as speeding or other driving offences are normally not a problem when sending in your application, as long as they are declared on the form.
We would suggest a course in shooting skill and competence, which will teach you how to shoot simple targets and also the basic safety aspects of using and owning a shotgun.

Once deemed competent, we will issue you with a certificate stating that you have completed our course. This certificate can then be sent in with your application.

The police will be looking at you from a safety point of view and you have to demonstrate you are responsible and competent to own and store a firearm. You will be solely responsible for your weapons safety and use and must read all the rules given by the police force on storage and use. A suitable cabinet will have to be present on the premises where you wish to store the shotgun. The cabinet must be locked by two separate keys and bolted to a solid brick wall to prevent removal in the case of a burglary.

While travelling with your gun, you must take all reasonable precautions to stop theft or incapacitate the firearm in the event of a burglary.

We will help explain the procedure and complete the shotgun application forms with you. All license applications can be found on your counties police force website.

Clay Shooting Lessons Mickley Hall
Scott Barnett Shooting Tuition

Licence Application Course

Here at Mickley Hall, we offer a License Application Course at £280.

The course includes:

  • 5 lessons, covering safety, gun handling, shooting skills and etiquette
  • Licence Application
  • Course Completion Certificate and covering letter

    Although we cannot guarantee a successful application result, this will demonstrate to the authorities you are competent at the basics of owning a shotgun.

Interested in a licence application course?

Booking Enquiry Form

Do you require a specific instructor/discipline/cartridges etc